Sunday, December 30, 2012

Creating A Hero!

1. Sketch
During the sketch phase I was looking for a compelling design for the character that was both a fun design and useful for his tools and abilities!
 
2. Lines
Here is where I cleaned up his lines and fully fleshed out his design.
 
3. Flats
Just basic colors here!
Even though I secretly wanted these colors from the beginning, I made sure to play around with other color schemes. These colors just . . . stuck!
 
4. Shadows
 
Once you add the shading/shadows, it always seems like such a giant leap in the process. At least for me it does. I used a pale red for the shading. It just seemed more natural for him for some reason.
 
5. Alter-Ego
Every hero is somebody else when the costume isn't on. I made sure to explore that! 
 
Put it all together!
 
Here is his final character sheet!
One down, at least eight more to go!! wheeeeee!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment